Up high, hidden in the tree-tops of the rainforest, the Elves once erected their settlements in the ‘Savage Lands’. Now Frogster is revealing the secrets of this new zone that will make its debut with the launch of ‘Chapter II – The Elven Prophecy,’ of the award-winning MMORPG, Runes of Magic.
Situated northwest of the ‘Weeping Coast’ lays a bastion of elves. The peaceful atmosphere of the thick forest might be disorienting to hapless adventurers, making their way through the woods. But here, they have to face the Apeman and worst of all, the Naga, who broke through the defensive barriers in the west and started building defensive outposts to secure their supply lines.
Further away, adventurers will come across a small camp, known as The Fungus Village. Innocuous at first glance, the Fungus King and his guards will defend their lands ferociously against any intruder. Players will be able to explore the ‘Savage Lands’ during the final launch phase of the second chapter in September. With the raising of the level-cap in August, the adventure begins for all level 52 characters and above.
More information can be found on the official Runes of Magic Website at: www.runesofmagic.com
Runes of Magic – a world full of wizardry and adventure
The German and English versions of Runes of Magic were released on March 19th, 2009. Anyone can download the online role-playing game for free at: www.runesofmagic.com and can plunge into the game world after a short registration process.
With an extensive range of features, and more than 1.5 Million registered players in North America and Europe, Runes of Magic is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. Runes of Magic features an absorbing story through more than 1,600 quests, in a vibrant fantasy world. Players can choose from six main classes, combined with a secondary class, presenting 30 individual combinations of character classes over all. All characters possess unique skills with impressive combo attacks and can use mounts like war horses and more.
A particularly attractive feature is the ability for players and guilds to arrange and furnish their virtual homes. Thanks to an extensive crafting and reputation system, exciting PvP, and demanding dungeons and boss monsters, there is something for everyone.
Taiwanese developer Runewaker developed Runes of Magic according to western MMO standards over three years. The studio is providing new challenges for players every four to five months with free add-ons and updates. You can find more information, pictures, videos, and the game available for free download via the official website: www.runesofmagic.com.
• Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download
• Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
• Versatile spell and attack combinations
• Enthralling background story
• More than 1,600 quests and quest series
• No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
• Dungeons: Instanced, tile based, and persistent
• Individually developable skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
• Optional PvP system with arena battles
• Ranking system with player-ranking lists
• Multitude of unique mounts
• Epic crafting system with the ability to improve existing items
• Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
• Reputation system
• Customizable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
• Map and radar system to easily find dealers, resources and quests
• In-game auction houses for trading items
• Teleport-Runes for instant travel
• Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
• Regular updates with new content
• Guild castles in special zones
• Cross-server fights in three-server-battle and guild wars in development
Tags: adventurer, adventurers, bastion, character classes, english versions, fantasy world, first glance, game world, launch, magic features, magic website, march 19th, new zone, outposts, peaceful atmosphere, role playing game, runes, savage lands, thick forest, tree tops, wizardry