SAN FRANCISCO – March 6, 2009 – Frogster America, Inc. today revealed the evil super villain from Runes of Magic’s first chapter, Rise of the Demon Lord’. Runes of Magic is the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles and launching March 19, 2009. The new trailer tells the story of the Demon Lord as who unleashes a wave of chaos and destruction upon Taborea.
The game’s opening chapter marks the beginning of a struggle against a new deadly enemy. To coincide with the full launch on March 19th, Frogster will release a huge content update including new quests, another epic quest series, three new instanced locations – including ‘Kalin Shrine,’ as well as new elite skills.
Frogster and the developer Runewaker are also working at building in new features and content for the post-launch period. There are plans to integrate a completely new zone shortly after launch. Free updates every four to five months will continue the story of ‘Chapter 1: Rise of the Demon Lord’ and expand the game world at regular intervals.
The new in-game trailer is available as of now on the official website, at:http://www.runesofmagic.com/us/videos,id9,rise_of_the_demon_lord.html.
Runes of Magic went into open beta with English and German versions in mid-December 2008. Anyone interested can now download the game and enter the world after creating an account for free at: www.runesofmagic.com.
About Runes of Magic
Runes of Magic is the Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) that is redefining the standard for free-to-play titles. With an exciting and engaging story, more than 1,000 quests at launch and 30 character class combinations, Runes of Magic is the most immersive, content-rich free-to-play MMO game ever created. More than 450,000 people have already signed up and entered the world with hundreds of thousands more expected as word of the game’s features and community spread each day. Already a winner of multiple awards for its content and overall gameplay, Runes of Magic is expected to be a major international hit in 2009 and beyond. For more information, please visit: www.runesofmagic.com
Runes of Magic features
• Free-to-play: no monthly fees, free download
• Extensive dual class system (six primary and secondary classes)
• Versatile spell- and attack-combinations
• Enthralling background story
• More than 1,000 quests and quest series on launch
• No zone boundaries thanks to seamless architecture
• Dungeons: Instanced and tile based as well as persistent
• Individually developable skills and spells
• Armor sets with special bonuses
• Dynamic item system with hundreds of runes for upgrading
• Optional PvP system with arena battles and guild wars
• Ranking system with player-ranking lists
• Multitude of unique mounts
• Epic crafting system with the chance to improve existing items
• Personalization of player houses through individual furnishing
• Reputation system
• Customizable user interface with the option to use Add-Ons
• Map and radar system to find dealers, resources and quests easily
• In-game auction houses for trading items
• Teleport-Runes for instant travel
• Mouse and keyboard controls for movement
• Regular updates with new content
• Cross-server fights in three-server-battle in development
• Guild houses in special zones in development
About Runewaker Entertainment Ltd.
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004, with the headquarters located in Taichung, Taiwan. The founding members are all very experienced in the field and decided to come together to pursue their own dream. Currently Runewaker employs over 40 highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is constantly expanding. Runewaker specializes in making massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG). The company has built their own engine from scratch that rivals some of the best that is available out on the market. Their first product, Radiant Arcana (Runes of Magic), is already completed and currently in Open Beta Phase in China. Runewaker is currently producing more content for Runes of Magic. Webpage:http://www.runewaker.com/
About Frogster America, Inc.
Frogster America, Inc., was founded in 2008 to bring high-quality online games to the North American market. As a wholly owned subsidiary of the Frogster Interactive Pictures AG, a Berlin based listed publisher of online computer games, Frogster America is located in San Francisco, and focused on the operation and marketing of MMO games that appeal to a global audience. With Runes of Magic, its first release coming March 19, 2009, the company is well positioned for success with a rapidly growing community and strong initial title on which to establish its market presence. For more information, please visit: www.frogster-america.com
Tags: chaos and destruction, character class, deadly enemy, demon lord, five months, free updates, game trailer, game world, german versions, intervals, launch, march 19, mmorpg, multiplayer online role playing game, new zone, open beta, quest series, role playing game, runes, super villain