Looking for a new MMO game to try out? Wonder which ones are top on the market right now with players? Well, we here at Fantasy-rpg.com have our own favorites that we are constantly playing. So, we wanted to give all of you gamers out there a chance to check out some of our faves. Here’s a Fantasy-rpg.com top 10 list of the top MMO games out right now that you need to try out:1. World of Warcraft – Ok, it’s just hard to deny this one. I mean, it’s massively addictive, it has millions of players, and hey, they have some just downright sweet game time going on here. While getting into the game to start out will set you back about $100 for the game and it’s two expansions, the $14.99 a month isn’t that bad when you consider it overall. And, in the way of community, content, and information out there – well, you simply can’t lose.
2. Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning – Now, in the realm of awesomely hard PvP (‘er, RvR in WAR), goes, Warhammer Online is the game for you. This game is a lot like MMO in terms of races, minus a few, but the overall game play is awesome. You’ll find fun PvE quests here as well as a massive amount of RvR scenarios that you will swiftly become addicted to as well. So, if you need a break from WoW or your other normal MMO games, WAR is a great way to go. It will set you back about $50 to start, but it’s just like WoW in the $14.99 a month category.
3. Age of Conan – Well, this game is based on the movies and the following that the Conan of yesteryear produced. While the game itself isn’t what it was touted to be, it’s still a fun time. There are tons of grinding and questing and PvP action to be had here as you make your way from slave up to supreme ruler. But, this game is not for those younger gamers due to the massive amount of blood that you get to spill (literally) and the sexual undertones of the game as well. So, before you buy this one for your kids, you might reconsider.
4. Lord of the Rings Online – Now, for all you loyal LOTR fans, here you go! You now get to live out your fantasy of the movies and books here in game-life. With a great selection of races and classes to choose from, it’s easy to see why those who are loyal LOTR fans jumped on board here. While the game wasn’t as big as expected, it still has a huge following and is one great MMO to try out! So, we suggest that you take it on and give it a whirl. The game itself will cost you about $40, and the normal $14.99 per month also applies here.
5. EverQuest II – The next part to EverQuest which built up a massive following is here and ready for you to jump into. EQ II is a fun mix of the regular EQ, just slammed about 500 years into the future of Norrath. So, you’ll find some old content here but mainly newer, fresh goodies to dig your teeth into during your game time. While this one will also take you into major PvE play, there are opportunities for PvP as well. Depending on where you buy this game, it will set you back around $40 and, once again, the $14.99 a month applies.
6. Star Wars: Galaxies – Well, this one did nowhere near the amount of gamer subscriptions that it thought it would, those who love Star Wars will still love this MMO. Here, you’ll get to explore the movie areas, fly your own Starfighter in combat, and even become a Jedi, with your own lightsaber. How cool is that? So, for those who love SW and all that goes with it, here is the MMO for you. This one sets you back around the $40 mark as well, and the norm, $14.99, applies too.
7. City of Heroes/City of Villains – Yes, these are two different games… in one number. Here’s why: they’re basically the same game! You can buy one and still play the opposing side, so there is no need to mention them seperately. But, here’s the good thing – for anyone who ever dreamed of being the Superhero… or Supervillain… here is your chance! Don your spandex, don your cape, and up, up and away you go! In this awesomely fun MMO, you will find a massive amount of customization for your hero or villain, and you’ll also find some great game play that is well worth trying out. This one costs about $30 and also sets up the normal $14.99 per month.
8. Guild Wars – Guild Wars is almost a complete PvP environment, where you fight as a guild no less. But, the fun part about this one is that it has now become a free to play MMO, that will allow you the fun of fighting as a guild – yet, not set your wallet back! So, now you and your other gamer friends can form up your guild and taken on the GW world for domination.
9. EvE Online – For a Sci Fi space MMO, this one is pretty darn cool. Fly your ship, fight your enemies for control, and live out your dreams of space exploration in this great MMO. Overall, it’s one of my favorite Sci Fi MMO games, and I love this one. There is so much here, and the economy on each server will rival WoW in terms of items and money that players are willing to spend on them. The game itself will set you back about $30 and the normal $14.99 a month applies here as well.
10. Runescape – This is a free to play MMO game that also has a paid section as well, while this isn’t a game that I personally have ventured into yet, many here at Fantasy-rpg.com, and all over the world love this one. (In fact, you’ll even find some great guides here for free!) So, for those who love free MMO games, and one that is a major undertaking in terms of economy, skills, and leveling – here you go!And there you have it – Fantasy-rpg.com’s top 10 list of our favorite MMO games on the market today!
Tags: age of conan, category 3, community content, expansions, faves, fun time, game play, game time, getting into the game, lord of the rings, mmo game, pvp, scenarios, sexual undertones, supreme ruler, sweet game, top mmo games, warhammer online age of reckoning, World Of Warcraft, yesteryear